Sunday, October 12, 2008

Do you have Fibromyalgia

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  I actually was diagnosed with this disease 10 years ago while in its early stages, but we didn't know a whole lot about it. Most Drs thought it was all in your head.

I am looking for other people who are suffering with Fibromyalgia to have a support
group on here. It might be helpful to have people talk about their condition and maybe
have some ideas on how to make their day easier to cope with. Someone might also
have some answers that we don't have.

I am going on 49 in November and my Fibromyalgia pain and symptoms have really
flared up in the last year. I have suffered with headaches, chest pains, dizziness,
Fibrofog, neck pain, insomnia, depression, fatigue, achiness and morning stiffness.

I have found some good websites on google explaining the symptoms and some
treatments. I get a massage twice a month and I am on some pain medication,
but so far I am getting no relief.

I do try hard to exercise 30 minutes a day whether it is walking my dogs, walking
on a treadmill or riding an exercise bike... I also try to lay on the floor to stretch
out.

But I would love to get some feedback from anyone who might have some answers
on how to deal with the pain day to day.

Laura

6 comments:

Dina said...

Hi. I just read your post on another J&K +8 blog spot. I have fybro and I've been living w/it for about 5 years now.

HayLaura said...

Hi there,

Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear what you are doing to deal with the pain and your every day life.
I am going on 49 and not sure if I should just expect it to get worse each year. I have read different websites about Fibro, but I think I could learn more from women who actually are living with this disease..

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Oh and since I am fairly new to blogging on here, I was trying to find other blogs on here about Fibro and I am not sure how to find them... Would love
some help if you can direct me...

Thanks so much...

Laura

Dina said...

I too am very new to this blogging thing. So I probably am not much help there.

I did want to share that my mother & grandmother have fybro as well. We all complain to each other of the pain. I dont think my case is as severe as my moms. My body seems to ache more in the colder months vs the warmer months. I dont take any prescription strength medicine for the pain, at this time.I just take Ibuprofin when I'm hurting.
My Rheumatologist has given me meds in the past to help w/sleep as I dont sleep well. But I dont take them. I prefer my Ibuprofen over sleeping meds, although once in a while I will take an Advil PM.

HayLaura said...

Cal Mom,

I find going in for massages a few times a week helps loosen up my muscles... Also they are offering a Fibromyalgia study in my area that I will be participating for the next 3 months. I have put on 14 to 15 pounds in the last 10 months, so I joined Jenny Craig and lost 5 pounds in the last week. I am not just going to sit around and let this disease take over my body if I can help it. I turn 50 next year and I just can live like this for the next 10 to 20 years. Keep in touch and I will let you know through my blogs how I am doing with my programs... Thanks for writing... :^D

HayLaura said...

oops correction... i go for massages 2 to 3 times a month, not a week... lol I Wish.... hee hee

Dina said...

Massages!! Oh wow! That sounds awesome. I just started working out again, and I've noticed that its def. doing some good for my body.
I'll keep in touch! Thanks for your blog.